Introductory Post Hello, and welcome to Jon's Observational Site . It's not the most clever name, but at this point (6/23/2012) it is an available domain and relatively accurate. My site will not claim in any way, shape or form to be factual. My observations will be irrational, confusing and sometimes downright crazy. There may be some nuggets of wisdom, but I would not bet money or the equivalent on it. In the past I have tried LiveJournal for posting, but that didn't work for me at the time. Facebook is not the best option for me either. So I'm going to try Blogger. If it doesn't work, only I am ultimately to blame. Initially I will be posting things of very little consequence. Some of these may include: weather (New England style in North America), traffic (subset of New England, specifically where I am driving that day), hobbies, movies, TV, books and Internet miscellaneous items. As this is a learning experience for me, I am going to make some mistake...
My upstairs neighbors do not appear to be aware that sound propogates not just through air, but also through materials such as... windows, floors (especially here), ceilings. Young kids I understand. Always having them performing their shouting and screaming and stomping upstairs or just outside my back windows? Not so much. When I had to ask them to quiet down on New Year's (a few years ago) because I was trying to sleep? I felt bad and old, but what could I do. Now, when they make noise at every hour of the day or night... I don't feel bad at all. If anything, I have been more "patient" than I should have been. Next stop, noise complaint.
My friend, let's call him Steve (wink), inspired me to write another post. It's going to be in two sections today. 1. First is what I will call "Thanks and Unthanks", where I express some things I liked and didn't in the day, or recently. Thanks to Steve for the funniest conversation I had all day, I absolutely needed it. I'm glad to sometimes entertain him as well. Unthanks to the guy who ran up the work stairs two at a time after we opened the door to the stairwell. It was great watching you get up that much faster and letting the door close practically in my face. Good job your parents did raising you buddy! Thanks to Jack for passing out candy, and nicely thanking me for my praise at his recent presentation. Well played, sir. Unthanks to the guy driving in front of me in the left turn only lane, which is clearly marked (including a left turn arrow) and had people signalling left, who urgently had to turn right instead at the last second. Your di...
Comments
Post a Comment
In the interests of disclosure to my readers:
1. Comments are here only so long as Jon (that's the writer of the site) feels they add value. Once they do not in his view, they will go away. That is not a threat, but it is a promise.
2. While they are here, Jon plans to moderate the comments. Enter the word verification, and he will review them.
3. If you have a problem with the first two items, then I would suggest you do not leave a comment.
4. Enjoy when possible or practical.